Undoubtedly our faculty is the biggest asset of the institute. All our faculty members possess a sound academic background and extensive practical experience in the industry. Living up to the institute’s mission their lessons combine theoretical education with practical training preparing the students to successfully deliver “quality at international standards of excellence”
- Marina Ramjohn : Programme Head, Tourism Department
- Ms. Ramjohn graduated from Ryerson Polytechnic University, Toronto, Canada with a Bachelor of Commerce degree majoring in Hospitality and Tourism Management. She has worked in various areas of the local and international tourism industry prior to becoming a Tourism Lecturer at the Institute.
Currently Ms. Ramjohn is the Programme Head of the Tourism Department and was recently certified by the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute as a Certified Hospitality Educator.
- Mignon Walters : Programme Head, General Education Department
- Ms. Walters graduated from UWI St Augustine with a BSc in Management Studies. She also holds the Certified Hospitality Educator(CHE) designation from the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute. She spent eight years teaching in the elementary and secondary school system and joined TTHTI in 2000 as an adjunct lecturer.
In Jan 2001, Ms. Walters joined the full time staff and won Lecturer of the Year in 2003. Mignon has lectured in various business courses at the Institute and currently heads the General Education Department at T.T.H.T.I.
- Verlyn Ross
- Our Faculty of qualified and dedicated lecturers provide individual attention to our students in small classes. We welcome students from all backgrounds as members of our community as we work together in building teams to enhance the human resource in a globally competitive market.
- Marissa Choo Ying
- Ms. Choo Ying career spans various sub sectors of the Tourism Industry. Her expertise lies in the areas of Hospitality and Tourism Management from the Universiity of the West Indies, St Augustine and she also has a Master of Science Degree from the Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business. Ms. Choo Ying is also a Certified Hospitality Educator (AHLEI) and a holder of an Associate Degree in Science in Hospitality Management.
As a means of contributing to the development of quality human resources for the industry, Ms. Choo Ying exposes her students to theoretical fundamentals, current practices and trends through the various business and tourism courses she lectures in at the Institute.
- Raakesh Madoo - Food And Beverage Lecturer
A holder of a Certificate in Public Administration(UWI) and a BSc in Management Studies, minoring in International Relations(UWI). Mr. Raakesh Madoo brings a wealth of practical experience of over ten(10) years in the Food and Beverage Industry.
A former member on the Trinidad and Tobago Culinary Team (2004 and 2005) Mr. Madoo also facilitates Bartending, Mixology, and Beverage Management Workshops within the wider Caribbean region by partnering with domestic and regional organisations. in the Food and Beverage Industry
Currently, Mr. Madoo is persuing a Masters of Sciences Degree in Project Management at The University of the West Indies, with a career focus of bringing his levels of experience to the local, regional and international arenas.