DIPLOMA PROGRAMME IN BAKING & PASTRY ARTS
This programme is offered both Full Time (1 year) and Part Time (1 1/2 years).
It provides students with practical training in baking and pastry production, thereby developing professionalism and skill. Students progress through a programme of study that builds proficiency in baking and dessert preparation, entrepreneurship, cost control and sanitation. Hands-on training is paired with traditional academic courses resulting in a curriculum that is both dynamic and directly aligned with industry needs.
This course covers the fundamentals of the theory and practical skills of professional cooking, food and beverage service
Students successfully completing the diploma can then do the Food and Beverage Management Programme. At the end of this programme students may find work at supervisory level in hotels, restaurants and bars.
WHAT WILL THIS COURSE DO FOR ME?
- It is designed to put you on track to begin a career in the Culinary Industry, specifically in the area of Baking and Pastry Arts locally, regionally and internationally.
- Gain practical experience while studying.
- Meeting new people within the industry.
- Over 80% of our students obtain jobs upon graduating.
- Students completing this programme have been accepted by top local and international universities to pursue their degree in the area of specialization.